rainne: (MCU - Bucky - Coffee)
[personal profile] rainne
Happy new year to those who celebrate according to the Gregorian calendar.

It's funny how it feels fresh and new and clean even though it's the same as yesterday. I still have all the same problems and I'm still on my bullshit but it feels new. Cultural/psychological, I guess, but I'm sitting with it for now.

Christmas was good; I always enjoy spending time with my family. Got some good presents, including a tinsel unicorn that I may just leave out all year long because it's so cute. Hope you had a good Christmas too, if you celebrate.

Today is Chinese buffet with my knitting group and a trip to Aldi, then a bit of cleaning when I get home; the kitchen counter's a mess and I need to do something about that bag of potatoes.

--Update, a couple of hours later: ALDI IS CLOSED TODAY. No groceries for me!

Date: 2019-01-01 10:21 pm (UTC)
helenkacan: (Default)
From: [personal profile] helenkacan
You're lucky to have a family, even better that you enjoy spending time with them! Many of us have neither or, worse, one which whom you would never want to be around.

Well, you may not have fancy food, but you do have … potatoes. You could do a lot with them, from roasting … to mashing after boiling, mixing in some cream cheese and spices, and baking in the oven … well, you get the idea! Anyway, enjoy your clean kitchen.

Date: 2019-01-04 01:16 pm (UTC)
helenkacan: (Default)
From: [personal profile] helenkacan
Honestly, I can't even remember as it's been over a decade since I made the dish (for one of Brian's weekly dinners). But whatever you think would go with 'taters and cream cheese should be fun to experiment with (maybe dill and lemon zest; or rainbow peppercorns; or flavoured sea salt; or minced onion).

Date: 2019-01-03 04:35 pm (UTC)
paynesgrey: Marilyn Monroe and her books (Default)
From: [personal profile] paynesgrey
Happy New Year!
I'm glad your Christmas was good.

ARGH. But Aldi is the best. <3

Profile

rainne: (Default)
Rainne

May 2021

S M T W T F S
       1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 18th, 2026 03:01 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios